Wednesday, August 24, 2011

BOOM BOOM KID - Con Amor Para: Ricardo Valenzuela 7" single


Keeping in line with the lack of a line in BOOM BOOM KID's music this record fits right in. BBK has more to throw at you than a major league pitcher. Expanding on prior band FUN PEOPLE hailing from Argentina, BOOM BOOM KID is wildly unpredictable. They can play anything from punk to goofy experimental tunes to pop to thrashing hardcore to bolero... An equally exciting live show just reinforces what a diverse, fun and amazing band BBK is. Venues become Carlos Rodriguez's (the man behind BBK) personal jungle gym, feather boas, crowd surfing on boogie boards, glitter and whatever else they have up their sleeve.
Back to how this record fits in with all this wildness. Why it is a tribute to the late rock rhythm and blues singer Richie Valens! If the name Richie Valens doesn't ring a bell his songs do. La Bamba anybody? Richie is also widely known for his death in a plane crash, dubbed The Day The Music Died, along with Buddy Holly and The Big Bopper. On the A side BBK presents a straight forward cover of We Belong Together. On the flip side they cover Donna in a BOOM BOOM KID way.
I have seen copies of this with and with out picture sleeves. Released by Rebeldes Unidos Records in 2006
https://www.yousendit.com/download/ZUd1SkhheFg1UjVjR0E9PQ

2 comments:

.......Just Surly said...

Tengo gusto de esta baya de registro de la baya mucho. Me hace danza como tengo queso fundido en mis pantalones y mis zapatos se arden con amor. Aunque I' VE faltó su demostración viva en muchas ocasiones, I' m muy alegre usted fijó esto. ¿Usted retardará danza conmigo mientras que este expediente juega suavemente en el fondo, hermoso?

...PRETENTIOUS ASSHOLES said...

After cheating my through Spanish in high school I can't make out most of this, dick.
My favorite internet translation so far is
I have flavor of this berry of registration of the berry a lot. Dance does me as I have cheese melted in my pants and my shoes burn with love. Although I' he SEES he lacked his alive demonstration in many occasions, I' m very happy you set this. You will retard dance with me while this expedient plays gently in the fund, beautiful?